- Supports healthy digestion when taken in a capsule*
- Combine with a carrier oil for soothing massage
- Apply diluted after a long run for a refreshing feeling
Application: A T I S
Extraction Method: Steam distillation
Aromatic Description: Citrus, herbaceous, smoky
Main Chemical Components: Geranial, neral
Plant Part: Leaf
A tall, perennial plant, Lemongrass has a subtle citrus flavor and is used in Asian cuisine in soups, teas, and curries as well as with fish, poultry, beef, and seafood. In addition to its unique flavor, Lemongrass essential oil promotes healthy digestion and acts as an overall tonic to the body’s systems. It’s also purifying and toning to the skin, and is frequently used in skin care products for these benefits. Lemongrass can soothe sore muscles and joints, making it an ideal oil to use in massage therapy or applied directly to problem areas. Lemongrass has a pungent, herbaceous aroma that can heighten awareness and promote a positive outlook.
- Combine equal parts doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil and doTERRA Lemongrass oil for a massage after a hard workout.
- Use to flavor entrées and meat dishes while promoting healthy digestion.*
- Blends well with Basil, Cardamom, or Spearmint.
- Dilute oil, then rub or spritz on skin before going outside.
- Lemongrass essential oil naturally repels insects.
- Apply after a long run for a refreshing feeling.
- Add to your DIY cleanser to tone and purify skin.
- Combine with Melaleuca and apply to toenails for clean, healthy nails.
- Diffuse for a refreshing scent.
- Combine with Peppermint in a capsule to support healthy gastrointestinal function and maintain healthy digestion.*