Each year I run an autumn cleanse and include a 'Blue Light Challenge'.
20 days of getting off your screens and devices by 6pm each day!
What on earth will people do with all their free time?
Well, I have 20 suggestions in the course (one for each evening they have left) but one of those is journalling.
I love journalling as an evening exercise because it has so many mental health benefits. Simply writing down your thoughts and feelings to understand them more clearly. And if you struggle with stress, low mood or anxious feelings, keeping a journal can be a great idea. It can help you gain control of your emotions and improve your general outlook.
Don't know how to start?
Don't worry. I have you covered with 20 journaling prompts that are perfect for this time of year.
- Write about a memory from your childhood. Fill it with as much detail as you can.
- Write about three things that you are grateful for and why you are so thankful for them.
- List five things that most people don't know about you.
- Write about an injustice you feel strongly about, and how things could be better.
- Write about three skills you'd love to learn.
- Do you consider yourself a good person? Why/why not?
- Write about a time when you did something which changed someone else's life for the better.
- Do you have any regrets? What have you learned from the experience?
- Describe your life in 10 words. Expand on why you chose those ten words.
- Write about your relationship with your parents or siblings.
- Write about the perfect day at your school or work place. What would make it great?
- Write about your favourite day that you'd love to relive.
- Write about a place (real or fictional) where you'd love to live one day.
- Invent a new word and explain what it means.
- Write about your partner or best friend. Why are they so important in your life?
- How do you define success and how will you know when you reach it?
- How can you make tomorrow a better day?
- Think of a person you truly admire. Write about what makes them so inspirational.
- Write a review of your favourite book or movie. What was special about it?
- Write a letter to your five year old self. What would you like him/her to know?
Feeling a little stuck creatively?
Try popping some Passion, inspiring blend
in the diffuser or placing a few drops in your hands to inhale for a few breaths, then rubbing the excess on your neck and chest.